Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday's Blend

Click HERE to learn more about Tuesday's Blend.

Hello all! The topic for today comes as a question, "What is some of the best parenting advice you've ever been given?"

Today at Target just proved the fact that I need to hear from you!!
dd
I was that mom. You know her, the one whose children can be heard throughout the store. The one who feels like a frazzled mess. The one who just wants to curl up in a ball and hide.

We did pretty well for most of the trip but at the end, I accidentally hit Paige's foot with the cart!! OUCH!! While I knew she was hurt, her cries could be heard all over the store and that was embarrassing.

Hudson was unhappy and Raegan was headed for the door ALONE! I felt all eyes on me, as I quickly steered the cart towards Rae. Paige was still back several feet and I ended up leaving the cart (Hudson included) to get Raegan because we still had to pay.

So all of my children were standing a couple yards apart from each other. We were loud and attracting attention that I did NOT want!

I'm sure my face was red as the Target logo. Not the best moment.

For the Blend, I'm looking for parenting tips. What has worked for you? Please share!!

Here's a little jewel that I recently heard.

1. "Let your consequences scream so you don't have to." from Lysa Terkeurst, Hearts at Home conference
s
This is brilliant, don't you think?! Consequences that seem to work in our household are no dessert, chores, no talking, timeout, etc.
s
I can't wait to hear from you!

6 comments:

Holli said...

I say don't go to target!- It makes me really jealous!:)
seriously though I have stopped taking my kids to the store- why because 1. I can't get them out of the car - parking spots are tiny here and 2. for my own sanity! I go at night on weekends or I just don't. I actually save money!:)

Kelley said...

You would think I would have a lot of advice but there is absolutely NOTHING coming into my brain at the moment!

I will be interested to read everyone else's input though.....

Mama Runner said...

The best advice I've received is, "If they're still doing ____ when they're 30, THEN it's a problem." Whether it's tantrums, potty training, chores, sleeping in their own bed, whatever, it helps me to keep things in perspective to know that it won't last forever.

Samantha @ the Listener's post said...

"Love is not a feeling, it's a decision"

Oh, wait - that was marriage advice. But maybe it fits... especially at Target (or WalMart for us - seriously thought someone might call some help on us the other day).

Oh why oh why don't we live in the same state? I have a feeling we'd have a lot to hang out and talk about!

On Purpose said...

The best parenting advice I was given was at one of my baby showers. “if you do it out of love for your child you can't go wrong"

This is such a great idea and I will be back to keep reading the advice...as there are many a minutes, hours, days, weeks I need all the help I can get!

lifelaughterchaos said...

hey girl! i'm finally get back on my feet to visit everyone again...vacation really throws you off! i have no incredible advice to share, but check out focus on the family from the past 3 days...Dr. Kevin Leaman was on...incredible advice.

If you can't access the files, let me know...I downloaded them in mp3 version.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin