Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Go team go!

Along with many other families across the world, we have been fully enjoying the 2008 Olympics!! There have been so many exciting moments in swimming, track and field, beach volleyball, and of course gymnastics!!

I loved watching the gymnasts as a young girl and now that love has been passed down to my daughters. I can barely watch the balance beam exercises when our girls, Shawn and Nastia are competing though. Oh the nerves...

Well the excitement of the games has gotten to us. So without further ado, here's our contribution to the team.

ahh, see the determination in her eyes


and that form, it's just impeccable
notice the speed at which her her legs are moving...ooooo, ahhhhh

now this is actually quite impressive!
what a man
the strength and determination it takes to hold 3 giggling children....it's simply amazing
Now for the Jr. league
ff
a mighty impressive somersault, Paige
Rae...well, she's just wild
and I'm not quite sure what the little man is doing, but he's trying!
I have to say that as fun as it was at the time, I am still (days later) paying for those cartwheels (aha! that's what she was doing you think to yourselves). Ohhhh my aching sides!
ff
GO TEAM USA!!!!!!!!!!

16 comments:

Nicole said...

Very fun pics! What fun memories you will have to cherish forever!

Your daughters are beautiful and what a handsome cuttie pie son you have!


Nicole

sarah.flyingkites said...

Oh, Jami
This is too, too cute!

Angel said...

I love it!! That is awesome. :0) GO USA! Angel

megs @ whadusay said...

I say you definately deserve the gold! :)

megs @ whadusay said...

for effort anyway! :)

Mindy said...

Too funny!

Taylor said...

This is great Jami! You guys are so much fun....I love that you, clint and all the kids participated - these are true family memories!

Alesa said...

great post, Jami! I'm still smiling. :)

Kristy said...

Keep those feet together, Clint.... MAJOR deductions there!

:) Loved the pix

C&K

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

That is awesome!! You know the kids would get into it as stars on their very own blog post.:)

Sandra said...

oh it brings back memories...just two weeks ago ELijah was trying to do cartwheels and roundoffs. I was trying to help him and thought...man I use to do them all the time. Here let me show you how its done. And away I went flying into a cartwheel and roundoff.....AHHH man I was so sore the next day. I guess thats what we get for trying to be "young" again. :)

Jess said...

Love it Jami!

Tell Clint that Plastic Slide Hurdling and Kid Push Ups should definitely be an Olympic Sport!

I hope you've recovered from your cart-wheels. I haven't' done one since I tried a few years ago!

On Purpose said...

Hey you guys could be the "starters" for Family Team Olympics!!

Yeah to fun family times

Kirk and Keri Plattner said...

I enjoyed your family version of the Olympics. You're all so impressive!! Especially that cartwheel, Jami, I'll give it a 10!

Screaming Meme said...

How fun!!!! I'm having a "faux" class that is starting come join in the fun! Screaming Meme

Karin @ 6ByHisDesign said...

Those are great pictures!
Good Times!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin