UPDATED with photo: My cookies
Today I got the hankerin' for some chocolate chip cookies!
In a previous post, I put out the call for help to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. You were all quite helpful and one of you (Kasey) led me to this great website.
So today I made a recipe from that website and the cookies turned out wonderfully!!! Crisp on the edges and perfectly gooey in the middle! And the best the part - they look pretty too!
I've never had all these factors come together in the same cookie so I'm quite happy!
So if you're interested, here's that recipe from AllRecipes.comd
vvd
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
dd
Submitted by: Dora Rated: 5 out of 5 by 1858 members
dd
Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes
dd
Ready In: 1 Hour Yields: 24 servings
dd
"Crisp edges, chewy middles."
dd
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate
chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (I did not add the walnuts)
dd
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
3.Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
And since you were all so helpful with the cookies, I'm asking again.
I'd love to find the best homemade salsa and guacamole recipes. Will you share??! :)
Friday, August 15, 2008
I found it...I found it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Wow, Jami! I'm so glad I could help. I love that website. I actually have a really good guacamole recipe too. I doctor it up a little to make it more tasty (extra lime juice, cilantro, and salt). Also, Daniel has the recipe for Chevy's salsa. I think its a lot of work (which is why Daniel makes it and not me) but so good. I can send both of these to you via e-mail.
Jami...I have never in my life had a batch of cookies turn out. Carissa Schlipf said she'd help me on her non-fail cookies, and the one time I made them with her, they flopped! Terrible...so I may just have to try out this recipe! I'll let you know if it turns out! :)
Can't wait to try these!!
In His Graces~Pamela
Yum - choc chip cookies are my downfall and I always love trying new recipes. Can't wait.
My favorite guac (very easy!):
http://dineanddish.net/2008/06/speaking-of-food-snobs/
The BEST chocolate chip cookies. Trust me... 100 reviews can't be wrong ;) :
http://www.recipezaar.com/101041
This is my first visit to your blog...I love it! I be back soon...Screaming Meme
Kasey - I'm so excited!! Chevy's salsa is my ABSOLUTE favorite. It's what I've been trying to mimic for months and months!! I'd love you to email me those recipes!
Thanks girls for the comments! :)
Jami-Can you email me the recipe for Chevy's salsa when you get it from Kasey?
Yum!
Post a Comment