Thursday, August 21, 2008

The First Day of Kindergarten - Came and Went


Are there any similarities?
(thanks Megan for the idea! )


Today was our BIG day and it was a huge success!

This morning I took Paige out to the bus so we could meet the driver and to prepare her for tomorrow. We are quite fortunate because the bus stops right in our driveway. All I have to do is look out the garage door to see it!

We met our driver, Mr. Bill and he assigned Paige a seat. He told me he would find someone very nice to sit next to her! Thanks Mr. Bill!! Then he asked Paige if she would like to go see her seat before they left, of course we did! Again, thanks Mr. Bill!

Paige was nervous at first but as soon as she got off, she turned around and waved with a big smile on her face. Then she skipped into the house, "I'm so excited to ride tomorrow!!"

So I'm feeling good on the bus front.

Next up...school!

We had an assigned time to go in and meet her teacher. When we got there, Paige was very quiet and held my hand rather tightly. Soon though, she began playing and made some new friends. While she played, I filled out some paperwork and talked with her teacher.

After meeting her teacher, my fears are GONE! I nearly cried as I thought about how good God is to put this teacher in Paige's life.

This is a woman who has been a mommy for 20 years. She stayed home with her kids while they were young and then went back to work when they went to school. It is evident that she LOVES children. She seems kind, warm, and just plain wonderful!

She assured us parents that she would treat our children as her own. What a blessing!

I am extremely excited after today! I am grateful to God for being so good to me and I look forward to the days ahead.

Now to my Paige -

I love you sweetheart! My prayer for you is that you will let the light of Jesus shine through you! That you will have a soft heart for others and treat them with kindness and respect. I pray that you will be a good listener, obedient, and joyful!

Paige - I can't believe you've grown so fast. I am very proud of you! I am grateful to God for you! God has big plans for you kiddo! I love being your mommy!

Now off you go dear - LIGHT up the halls of your school!! I love you...always and forever!

11 comments:

Jess said...

AAAWWWHHH!!! You guys are beautiful!!!

I just put some pictures of you, Clint and Hudson up on our blog. You may not have seen them before so I wanted to let you know.

Happy "Anniversary" by the way!!! ;)

Holli said...

love the similarities!!! and the shorts!:)

sarah.flyingkites said...

That Paige is one beautiful little girl!

Jami said...

oh yes, the shorts... I'm sure they were cute then, I'm just sure....

David and Marianne said...

Brings back instantly, Caleb's first day in kindergarten last year : ) I think I cried every day for 2 weeks!! How I want to hold on to each day with my children!

Paige is beautiful... and sounds like she has a beautiful spirit too : )

Anonymous said...

Aww that is too sweet!

Jess said...

I posted last time when just the pictures were up.

I am SO glad you are both doing so well!!! I'll pray for you all that it continues throughout tomorrow!

Jami, you are SUCH a GREAT mommy!! I learn a lot from you!

Anonymous said...

It's always nice getting past the first day and having a peace about it. Sometimes I think we're more nervous than they are! Paige is sooo darling. I'm sure she'll have a great year!

Nicole said...

Awwww! What a sweet prayer you prayed for her. It made my eyes water. So glad the Lord has blessed Paige with a wonderful teacher. God is sooo good!


Nicole

lifelaughterchaos said...

I was thinking of you and was hoping you made it through the day! i'm so glad you both did ok.

and holy cow! you both look so much alike!

Anonymous said...

Jami,
It's been a while since I've stopped by. I love the pictures of your little Paige and I can't imagine what those days will be like when I get there. Thanks so much for sharing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin