Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gotcha!!

I can't believe one year has come and gone by so quickly!

Well almost one year.

This Saturday is Hudson's "Gotcha Day!" The day we got our little son for good!! What an amazing day. I went back to look at our adoption blog and I wanted to give you a glimpse of what was going on then.

Let's back up a little shall we? Click here to read the post from that most wonderful day we found out we had an appointment date in Guatemala to get Hudson's visa and bring him home!!!

Exactly one year ago today we were 3 days away from leaving and I was feeling quite a variety of emotions. Here's that post.

And finally after months and months of waiting, we arrived in Guatemala and became a forever family! See here, and here, here too, and if you want to read more just click on over here.

So there's a little snapshot into the past. And crazy enough, we're at it again!

In about a month's time, we could be finished with all paperwork for this adoption and will find ourselves waiting once more!

Truly, waiting is difficult but so refining too. It's in these times, when the future seems so unknown, that I am drawn closer to my Father. In His arms I'm resting because He sees the road that lies ahead. I'm praying that I will remember to simply rest in Him whether the road is smooth or rocky!

6 comments:

Cyndie said...

Jami,
Time flies by so quickly doesn't it? I can't wait to hear how everything is going. Email me if you need more info on our agency. We're finally home and trying to get life sorted back out!:)

emily freeman said...

I can't wait to see how the rest of your waiting story unfolds. So exciting!

lifelaughterchaos said...

wow, it's only been a year? for some reason i thought it was longer!

wow, if you are ready to start a new adoption already...who knows how many will be around the bend!

On Purpose said...

You have reminded me today to look for ALL the little and big things we can celebrate!

Karen D. said...

Congratulations!!! Looking back at your previous posts, I saw that when I commented on the first post, where you had Pink, I was actually in Guatemala, picking up Abbie- it was the day after our Embassy appt when I commented! I can't believe that it has been a year already!

Happy Gotcha Day, Hudson!

Love,
Karen and Abbie

junglemama said...

Hppe you don't have to wait too long!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin