Well hello!! It's good to be home...and blogging again!
We had a great time on vacation - but our favorite day was spent at King's Dominion. We haven't been to an amusement park or water park for many years - like before I was married, I believe so it was high time.
The day started out well, we ran into Dora first thing and just had to take a photo for the kids.
Because it was a Wednesday, the park was not full at all. I don't think we ever waited longer than 20 minutes for a ride! At one point we did 3 roller coasters in 30 minutes!!
We soon realized that the long waits do have some good points, because I just don't think the ole' body is supposed to take 3 coasters in 30 minutes, you know!
the "waiting" lines
Probably the scariest ride was the Drop Tower (I refer to it as the Death Drop). It's apparently the largest drop tower in North America, a 305-foot tower that pushes you down a 272-foot descent at 72 miles-per-hour!
I wasn't planning on going - "no thanks" I said but then we ran into some young kids who had been on a previous roller coaster and they cajoled me into it. Clint was PUMPED!!
Peer pressure, a very bad thing.
It took us up slowly and then held us at the top for several seconds. I kept breathing in and out, in and out.
Then it happened. We were shoved downwards. Clint and I started screaming for like 3 seconds but then all air was sucked out of us and we couldn't make a sound.
Seriously it was crazy....and actually fun to. Want to go again, asked my hubby.
No thank you, said I.
And soon our happy, carefree, and thrilling day was over. And we were tired.
As much fun as it was being on vacation, it was great coming home to the dear kiddos. I love happy homecomings, don't you? totally unprompted kiss, by the way! :)
Happy Monday all!
hh
By the way, the topic for Tuesday's blend tomorrow is "the best parenting advice you ever got." I want to hear it, I need your help!! :)

5 comments:
Looks like a great trip, Jami!
The drop tower made me nervous just reading about it!
Oh whoa Jami! I can't believe you did the drop! I refused to go on that last time we went to 6 flags. Usually I will do anything that doesn't spin. And yes, we too realized that lines are a good thing when going on roller coasters right after one another. Plus, our bodies can't take it like when we were teenagers either! We had to leave at like 2pm just because we felt sick.
It's almost been a year since we met!! We are missing Guatemala so much right now! And missing you too!!
Looks like the kiddo's have summer tans! Especially Hudson! Jadon's skin soaked up the sun too this summer! Aren't we jealous!
Love you, jess
Welcome home Jami!
I LOVE the pictures of your adorable children. They are so precious! They faces are full of joy.
I think we have some things in common (ie shoes) but the ability to enter the amuzement park on do the roller coasters and the drop...thats where you would lose this girl!
I told Mike the other day that we need to go to Kings Dominion. Looks like ya'll had fun and I am not sure if I would to the tower ride or not. :)
Andrea
I love Clint's "purse" in the first picture. LOL! I am glad you had a good time away, it makes me envious!! Once you are a mom though, you can never be gone too long without missing those babies and their kisses! Welcome home Jami.
Post a Comment