Tuesday, May 6, 2008

a date with daddy...

Today was Raegan's special day! She got to go out with Daddy...all by herself!! And boy was she excited!!

(she wanted to take her "baby" on the date too...)


Paige sent her off with a bouquet of "flowers" :)


Tonight marked the beginning of the girl's monthly date with daddy. I'm writing them on the calendar now in hopes that we will continue this tradition. Raegan and Daddy went to the pet store tonight to look at the animals, then to the park, and lastly to Culvers for ice cream.

We got Rae all dressed up for her big night...I curled her hair and everything! After she was ready, I had her wait at the top of the steps. Then we called Clint, who waited at the bottom of the stairs for his date. Raegan walked down with such a sweet and precious countenance, it was truly adorable!! In that moment my heart welled with joy!! We got her entry on video and I will post it as soon as I can get it downloaded..(we're having technical issues!!)

I remember going on dates with my dad and I loved every one we went on! I still feel very close to him! I LOVE YOU DAD!! :) It is our hope that these moments will instill in our daughters what a true gentleman looks like and fill them with the security of knowing that they are loved and cherished by Dad.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jess said...

Oh Jami and Clint this is SO awesome!!!! You are SUCH great parents!!!

I am looking forward to seeing the video and also seeing how Paige's date goes!!!

SO cool!!!

lifelaughterchaos said...

i need to get more proactive with this...we do dates haphazardly. i love the idea of dressing up and making a big deal of the entrance. i did not have dates with my dad...i hope to change the cycle of tradition!

Unknown said...

I want my daughter to have dates with her daddy, too! I want her to know how men should treat her, plus, I want her to have that special bonding time with her daddy!

I found your blog by way of Lysa's TerKeurst's blog. I hope to stop by again!

Prayers and Blessings!
Rebecca

Erin said...

We've been doing "date mornings" for a few years with our girls and they LOVE them. In fact, Miles and Ross just started, "Man morning" because he was a BIT jealous. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin