My heart just aches for this family. Today is the funeral. Today is the day they have to say goodbye. I can't imagine the pain.
I feel a tie to this family. I do not know them personally but I have always enjoyed SCC's music and more importantly - their willingness to obey God. And in a very real sense, they are a part of our adoption story.
I remember hearing a radio broadcast with Steven and Marybeth talking about how they made the decision to adopt Shaoey. At this point in my life, we only had our Paige who was just a baby. As I listened to the broadcast, I began to feel fearful. I specifically remember thinking... "Lord, I hope you're not trying to tell me something." The thought of adoption scared me to death. I had NO desire for it...only fear and apathy.
Fast forward about 2 years. God had been working in my heart regarding adoption. Some of our friends were adopting and my parent's started an adoption ministry - basically I started to see adoption in real life all around me. God gave me a hunger to learn more. This hunger eventually turned into passion and desire. I will never forget the night when my heart was changed. Raegan was 3 months old and Clint and I had been praying about whether or not, we were being called to adopt. While laying in bed and discussing this one night...MY HEART CHANGED! I can't explain it except to say that at that moment, I wanted to jump up and get going!
A few weeks later, I heard that same broadcast with the Chapman's being replayed on the radio. To God's glory, my thoughts this time were, "Thank You Lord, for blessing US with this wonderful opportunity!" I am grateful for Christ's work in my life. Praise Him for changing my heart...I can't imagine life without my Hudson. And right now, the Chapman's are facing this very painful reality...of life without Maria. Please keep praying for them...
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Please keep praying for the Chapman's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I am praying for all of them. My heart just aches over the whole situation!! I know there are people all over the world crying out to God on their behalf and hopefully they will experience some kind of peace from that.
Post a Comment