Friday, May 30, 2008

Peace and Quietness


These are 2 words that do NOT describe life with little children...at least not very often. But I love it when I get to enjoy it! Now that the weather is nice, I so enjoy sitting out on my deck to spend my time with God - to think and pray - to relax - get sun - or just read. Ahhhh, it is wonderful!!

I got to enjoy some time out there today. There is just something about hearing the birds chirp, the wind rustle through the trees, the laughter of children in the distance (not my own but others!) sidenote: I do LOVE to hear my children laugh but I'd rather just not hear them during quiet time...you all can appreciate that right?! :)

When I have uninterrupted time to sit and be still - I love to dream. To talk to God and ask Him what His plan is for me. How he wants to use me. It is also a time to look inward because I am more able to see my own selfishness and sin. But yet I feel His unending love for me. I feel so safe and loved in those moments. Thank You God for that.


Oh and maybe there are a few more reasons that I want to be outside....






I think I'll go work on those "reasons" NOW! :)


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mommyluann said...

I so enjoyed reading your blog. i have a friend leaving in the morning for Korea to go get her little girl!!!! so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jami, I love how real you are... LOVE the pictures of the "reasons" you like to be outside. I am comforted, as I am sitting in the midst of a disaster, reading blogs, when I should be cleaning up! Also I was honored to be mentioned in your last blog! Thanks! :)

megs @ whadusay said...

nice - very nice! :)

lifelaughterchaos said...

wow! you are a brave woman! i couldn't post my "right now" pix for fear of someone calling social services..ha!

Erin said...

I love it. You are so right - We need to consciously carve that time out of our hectic mom-days despite the constant demands and never-ending chores - there will always be something or some excuse not to stop, but we absolutely need too. Great reminder to me! :)

Missy said...

I LOVE your house because it is as messy as mine is. I therefore love you. You are my new best friend.

Hopefully I can meet you at She Speaks!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin