Hello all!
We have finished up most of our paperwork and more importantly our fingerprints! I sent off our fingerprints on Saturday and they should be arriving to our agency today or tomorrow. Then it's off to the FBI for background clearances.
This process could take anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months! Quite a range, aye!
Our SW (social worker) thought 3 months is likely but you never know. Once we're cleared, we will be officially waiting to be chosen! Crazy huh?!
I keep telling the Lord that I trust Him. And I do. But it's also natural for me to worry.
So again I say, Lord I trust You.
The closer we get the more I realize that this is really going to happen! And I wonder who my child is.
And then the "what if's" come. What if he/she has health problems and I have to say Lord, I trust You, or is colicky Lord, I trust You, or if this process drags on and on Lord I trust You!!
He is my constant source of Strength. Praise God!
I realize that we all have unknown's in our future. If there is anything on your heart today that you feel overwhelmed by - I would love to pray for you! You can leave me a comment or email me.
I would be honored to seek Christ on Your behalf today!
Enjoy your Tuesday friends!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Another step in the journey to our child
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hi Jami,
I can really relate to your post. Even though we are waiting for a child in a different way (me personally and you through adoption), we share some of the same things (worry, trust, and waiting on the Lord).
Let's continue to trust our Lord. :)
Hey Jami,
So, we sent our fingerprints to the FBI and received them back in two weeks. Now, I had to redo mine due to low quality, but Luke's were done & I am hoping my come back within two weeks like before. I am wondering why this wold be such a different time range for us. Anyway, I hope you will be pleasantly surprised & that they will come back very quickly to you :). Love, J
woo hoo!
hopefully you won't be like me and have your 1st set of fingerprints rejected!
Hi Jami,
I'm so moved by your commitment to Christ. I'm asking you to pray for Bella (http://ferrickfamilypromise.blogspot.com/)... I hope the power of your faith can help.
Camino
I am struggling with grieving the loss of a little boy i nannied and he was adopted to a mother who had already lost 5 biological children. She had one child, lost it at 21 wks, had triplets, lost them at 25 weeks, and then one more child and lost it at 26 weeks. they then went to domestic adoption and got a newborn little boy. He wwas born perfect they thought. One week after he was born he had a heart attack and then heart surgery. After having him home for one day he had another heart attack and was rushed in again for major heart surgery. After he came home on Christmas day i got the chance to nanny him for a little over 9 months and spent 9-10 hrs. a day wiht him and grew to love him and his family. On June 26 he passed away due to heart complications and went to be with the lord. I know he is in a better place but it is still very hard. the hardest thing to deal with is to know that his parents have yet lost ANOTHER child. My heart aches for them. Before their little boy died they told me they were planning on adopting again so please pray that they will be willing and able to get another child and that God would bless them and be with them during this difficult time.
Post a Comment