Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday's Blend - Birthday Traditions


Happy Tuesday - dear friends!

With Hudson's birthday approaching rapidly (this Saturday), I've been thinking of how to celebrate.

One of our family traditions has been to celebrate each birthday with only our immediate family. Rather than having a big party, we go out and do something special together on that day.

(It also prolongs their birthday in a way because when we're with my side of the fam, we celebrate and then with Clint's side we do too. So really it's like having 3 parties!)

I'd love to hear from you. How do you add the "special" to your kid's big day??



What is Tuesday's Blend? Click here.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

We hang streamers from the birthday boy's door frame so when he wakes up in the morning they are hanging there to run through.

We also go to Krispy Kreme for breakfast and I make the birthday person's favorite meal for supper.

Kirk and Keri Plattner said...

I love the Krispy Kreme idea, if only I could find one of those around here! I love celebrating my kids birthdays, making it their special day. I have to be careful about not going overboard!

sarah.flyingkites said...

Something I appreciated from my childhood:

If it was Leah's birthday, mom would give Seth & Me each a small gift too so we wouldn't feel left out! That way we could look forward to and enjoy each others' birthdays.

(Happy Birthday, Hudson!)

megs @ whadusay said...

We decorate the birthday kids room the night before. Part of that decoration is a balloon bouqet (helium balloons). The balloons were the biggest HITS with my kids. Probably what they played with more than anything!

Jessica said...

We are planning on using the "celebrate you" plate all day, for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks ;) If we go out, we will ask them to serve it on that plate.

This year we are going to start the tradition of hiding thier birthday gift the night before and putting a note under their pillow to start a little "hunt" for their present.

We have done a birthday cupcake for breakfast each year and we will probably continue that!

I love the other ideas too! Since our boys' b-days are both coming up this month I am enjoying different ideas!

Also, Jami, I am with you on the simple immediate family birthday parties! : )

Flamingo said...

'm terrible about going "all out"....but i do wait until they fall asleep and then decorate their rooms with streamers and banners.

i think it is cool for them to wake up to a decorated room. they don't really say much about it.

oh well. it makes me feel like fun mom anyway.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin