Friday, October 24, 2008

What is your choice?


Yesterday I had the privilege of joining Paige at Kindergarten for the morning. It was delightful being with her and seeing what goes on in her classroom.

I even got to join her in art and I made a very nice picture if I do say so myself...maybe best in the class. That would be the first! (hee hee)
dd
Moving right along...

It's crazy to me that I'm the mother of a Kindergartner. Life simply moves too fast!
dd
When Paige put on her shirt yesterday she asked me, "Mom is this shirt the right size for me?" "Oh" I said, "It's right, it's a small." To which she replied, "I wish it was a big."
dd
Yes, she is growing up!
dd
I was again reminded of this fact when she passionately told me of a conversation she had with a friend in school. It went something like this.

Paige: Do you know God?d
d
Friend: Yes, I do.
dd
Paige: Do you always pray to Him?
d
Friend: Yes, always.
d
Paige: Do you know Satan?
dd
Friend: Yes.
d
Paige: Do you know that Satan is bad and wants people to be bad?
d
Friend: No, he wants people to be good.
d
Paige: No, he always wants them to be bad.
d
Friend: No, he wants them to be good.
d
Apparently, they went back and forth for quite some time.

I'm not really sure how it was resolved, but Paige was quite upset about it yesterday.
d
When I asked her why she was upset she said, "I want her (friend) to know about God and Satan so she can choose if she still wants God's way or Satan's way."
d
"Which way do you hope she chooses?" I asked her.
d
"God's way!" she said back. Amen to that! dd
d
We had a similar conversation not long ago. She had done something naughty that night and I was trying to explain to her that the decisions she makes will either please God or Satan.
ddd
So I asked her "Do you want to make Jesus happy or Satan happy?"
dd
"I don't know" was her response. (which kind of freaked me out but I kept listening)
dd
She then told me to tell her everything I knew about Jesus and Satan so that she could choose if she wanted to be bad like Satan or not.
d
So I proceeded to tell her all about both and in the end she decided that Jesus was a much better choice!
ddd
This kid is a deep thinker. Lord, give me wisdom!

7 comments:

Marla said...

Wow...I think she gets it!

Love, Mom

Luanne said...

Found your blog from Lysa's. what an awesome conversation you had with your daughter. My girls are teens--conversations are a bit different now--with a little less openness. Keep the channels open!! God bless!

On Purpose said...

This is some GREAT dialogue going on in your home!! Praying for you momma to keep trusting God has the answers for!

Jenna said...

wow thats amazing. There is a lot to say about having faith like a child.

Thanks for sharing!

Kristen said...

What a precious daughter you have! I am so glad you stopped by and commented today. Hubby and I were married on June 14th this year. So we're newlyweds and we're loving married life!

Flamingo said...

wow! that's awesome! i wish she would talk to my oldest. sometimes that kid really worries me;)

Marie Stork said...

You are such a good mommy! If only every child in the world could have parents like Paige. And how fun--taking art with your daughter! Thought for sure you'd post the picture of you artwork. :) Marie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin