Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tis the season!

Do you know that it snowed on Monday night?!!

My kids were quite excited to see the tiny little flakes coming down, teeny tiny flakes.

I'm definitely not ready for snow but I am thoroughly enjoying my Christmas music! Yes I said Christmas music.

Listening to the songs of the season makes me dreeeeamy and all warm and cozy inside! :)

I never know quite when I'm going to start playing it. Sometimes, it's in the middle of July but for the most part I try to wait until the weather turns cool.

So for us, I was inspired to turn on the first CD last Thursday when we decided to carve pumpkins. The fire was blazing and the weather was cold.

I just knew it was the right time!

My hubby thought I was crazy but he knows not to mess with a girl and her Christmas music! :)

So I'm wondering, when does the holiday spirit kick in for you? When do you turn on the tunes?

Fa la la la la......

********************

Here's a little glimpse of that evening.

We let the girls color pictures on their pumpkins and then Clint carved them.

Actually the one of the left is mine. It's supposed to be leaves (did you get that)? The pumpkin on the right has a house and a tree. Clint made that up himself! :)

Enjoy your Wednesday!

6 comments:

Ryan and Becky Weiss said...

I'm always glad to meet others who listen to Christmas music before the season actually starts:) I usually turn mine on about mid-October for a few weeks and than bring it out again the day after Thanksgiving - when we set up the tree.

Flamingo said...

oooh snow! i can't wait!

i looove christmas music too. for me it's a tradition to start listening the day after thanksgiving. i turn on the christmas tunes at 5am when i'm on the way to black friday shopping and i don't turn them off until after christmas;)

On Purpose said...

I am not sure I am supposed to be laughing at this post....but it does have me giggling..."mixed seasons" snow...pumpkins...Christmas music!

Kristen said...

Christmas music and snow! Supposedly we don't listen to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. But since it's been unseasonably cold here, I've been listening to it while Hubby is at work. :) As for the snow...we don't get much around here. I kind of wish we did.

Oh and the coupon book is super easy. Just a binder with page protectors labeled according to category. For example--pasta, rice and sauce. The only coupons I get and use are from the Sunday paper.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

It's snowed? No way...I am off to see on your profile where you live. I LOVE Christmas music as well....sigh!

Kristy said...

I turn in on November 1st- today! We have TONS of Christmas music though, and I just run my ipod on the Christmas playlist. Our tradition is every year we buy a new (or a couple) Christmas cd's to add to our collection. This year, I'm going to buy a couple of individual songs. Think I'll do that today as well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin