Well it's been quite awhile since I've posted about our adoption but I wanted to fill in you. A lot has changed actually.
First of all, we switched adoption agencies. We realized that Adoption 4 Kids was not for us and so we chose to leave.
It was a tough time because I wasn't sure where God was leading but we found Lifeline Children's Services out of Alabama and it has been like a breath of fresh air!! I love the staff and everything about this agency!
Our homestudy was completed at the end of September and we had our phone interview with Lifeline on Monday after which we were accepted!! :)
One little "hangup" is that we have to redo our FBI fingerprints because they have to be sent out of Alabama. This could take 3-6 months. I need to remember that God knows EXACTLY who our child is and He will speed things up or slow things down as He sees fit!
Also-we have switched to the African American program.
So up next....
MORE paperwork!! Tomorrow we plan to get fingerprinted and send those on to Alabama.
Then we wait.
Once they come back, we plan to have all of our paperwork done and our profile to show to birth mothers. Our SW, Karen told us that once we are paper ready, it could be 6 months or less until we get our child!! WOW!!!
Of course it could be longer... Lord, I'm trusting You!!
One more thing.
Lifeline will not call us until we have been chosen by the birth mother and everything is final. Meaning, we won't have to worry about the birth mother changing her mind.
ff
f
This also means we will likely have a child around 6 weeks old. Now, of course there are always other circumstances but this is a very likely scenario for us!
One day, we'll get a call and Karen will tell us we have a child who we can pick up in a week!!! :)
What a day that will be!!!!
ff
d
Any prayers that you lift up on our behalf are very appreciated!! :) Thanks, friends!


10 comments:
Praying in God's perfect will and in His perfect timing, knowing He will bless you!
Wow Jami, what changes!!! You are right, God knows exactly which child is yours. I'll pray God will comfort you with that thought over the next few months. I can't wait to meet him/her!!!
Glad for the update Jami - I was just thinking I hadn't heard anything for a while and we've been gone so much I haven't had a chance to ask!
We'll continue to be prayerful!
Wow Jami! I'm excited for your journey. God is good and wants only good for you. Praying you can have peace in the waiting!
Can you explain the six week old part? Will the child be in foster care until you pick them up? I am so thankful that you feel at peace with your current agency- that is a big deal. I will be praying for you & was excited to see an update. Love, J
Lifeline is a great agency!! We are originally from Alabama and lived there during our Guat. adoption of Mia. Although we went directly through a fabulous Christian attorney with our Guatemalan adoption, we first requested info and talked with several different agencies here in the states and were highly impressed with Lifeline. As far as fingerprints go in Alabama, we got ours back in about 6 weeks. Will be praying for you guys. Your family is such an inspiration to me....I can't wait to see how God blesses you through this adoption!!
:)April
I'm the third to say:
Wow, Jami!
God Bless you as you continue on your journey!
~k
I completely know the struggles that you are going through since I am walking along side a now almost three year process with my bro/sis in love. Can't wait to hear your precious end.
SO EXCITED TO SEE WHAT GODS PLAN IS AND WHO YOUR LITTLE ONE IS!!!
Going into adoption you need ARMS WIDE OPEN and your HEART ABANDON waiting on the Lord to do it all!
I had to smile at the Lifeline connection...most of the other Eagle's Nest (where Ellie was) families I have met used Lifeline.
Praying for you all!
Post a Comment