Wednesday, August 11, 2010

an evening at play

The cicadas were singing as the evening drew to a close. Bedtime was right around the corner but they wanted to play outside and catch fireflies. As I watched them through the kitchen window, my heart was happy. Then I thought, I need to capture this moment!

So I walked outside with camera in hand and as I lifted it up to my eye, an all too familiar sound pierced the night air.

Crying.

And then he started toward me all in a tizzy. He got an ouchy.

After a quick console, I sent him back on his way and thought I can still get this. But then another all too familiar sound.

Angry outbursts. Fighting. "She did this, and he shoulda done that."

And after a few words of my own (ahem), they stopped. And then started into their lovely little world of play once again.

(Cue cicadas...)

Isn't that just how it is? So many emotions in so little time. Ah, life with kids.

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I love it :) real life...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin