Wednesday, August 25, 2010

an unexpected blessing

I'm sitting here with a sling of sorts filled with ice packs wrapped around my swollen face. My son looked at me and asked "Mommy is your head broke?"


Fortunately, that is not the case but I did just come home from surgery. This morning, I had all four wisdom teeth removed! But right now, I am feeling happy. My husband is sitting across from me, 3 kids are off at school, my son is lying on the sofa, baby B is in bed napping, and my mom is sitting on the fire place folding laundry all while our beloved show, "The Cosby Show" plays in the background.

I get to rest. I get to be taken care of. I have no responsibilities for one or two days depending. Maybe 3 and if I can milk it, maybe four or five!! That is wishful thinking I do believe! But on this Wednesday, I am thanking the Lord for this time to rest, recuperate, and enjoy the simplicity of life today.

I am blessed. I have been dreading this day, I have been procrastinating the need to remove my wisdom teeth for years and right now, at this moment, I am wondering why. Thank you Jesus for making this first leg of my journey back to normalcy sweet and lovely. I realize that the rest of this recovery might not be as smooth, I'm not sure how all the pain meds might affect me, etc. but I am thanking Jesus that so far, so good!

I feel spoiled and I am just going to enjoy this moment! :)


5 comments:

arlan and katie said...

Jams,

You look so cute even with an ice pack wrapped around your head!

Love it & milk these days for what their worth,
Kt

Kathy Schwanke said...

Milk it for all it's worth! I love that! Odd how it takes surgery to get a break as a mom... ;-)

Great attitude Jami! God bless your recovery!

Leslie Ringger said...

oh, but let's not forget who set your mind at rest the night BEFORE surgery.

yes, ma'am. thank you very much. :)

Gina said...

Wow what a coincidence. I had my second Lasik eye surgery this morning and am also in recovery mode. My mom flew out to help so I'll also enjoying some down time. Rest up!

Linda Schuhmacher said...

Enjoy the rest time! And I will say a prayer for the healing....don't know if they told you but dry sockets are the worst!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin