Thursday, August 12, 2010

milestones


I've said this before, but I'll say it again. One of the most remarkable blessings and challenges of being a foster parent is having the opportunity to introduce Jesus to the children who come into our home (and their families).

If you've followed our journey, you have heard this already but the first thing that our daughter Paige (7 years old) asked our 3 year old foster son was, "Do you know Jesus?"

At the time, he looked at her with a blank stare but since then things have changed! Now his eyes light up when we talk about Jesus!

I have made it a habit to sing Jesus Loves Me to our little D, most every night before bed. I still remember the first night, he sang along with me! That was pretty special.

Recently, we had another first! As I pray with my boys before bed, I pray that they will grow up to be men of integrity and leaders in their circle of friends. I pray (and this is where they join in) that they will have a passion for "purity" and a heart for "Jesus!" Hudson has had this one nailed down but D always remained quiet or would simply repeat after Hudson.

Well, just the other night as I prayed "Help my boys to have a passion for _______..." Before Hud ever spoke, D said "prurty!" and he finished it with "Jesus!"

What an exciting moment that was!! I know both of my boys don't really understand the true concept of purity right now, but someday they will and I pray that these seeds that we're planting will grow and flourish into an all out passion for JESUS! Oh to think of them as men!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, my name is Karen from
http://glassofsweettea.blogspot.com/
I came by your blog and wanted to introduce myself, I am fairly new to blogging and have enjoyed getting and learn from some other sisters in Christ.
I hope when you get a chance you will stop by to visit me as well.
I had a good time browsing through you blog and I will be back to visit again.
Have a blessed day..

On Purpose said...

I love this prayer. You are one terrfic momma!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin