This morning I misjudged the time a bit because suddenly the bus appeared. Fortunately everyone was ready and outside but it still made my heart beat faster when the bus pulled to a stop. I hadn't prayed with the girls yet and so I gave each one a rushed prayer, "Lord bless them, Lord bless them..." and off they went.
Yesterday at school Raegan shed tears a couple of times and today she told me she hoped she wouldn't cry at all. I told her that when she feels sad she should pray to Jesus. She agreed and added, "And I could make a big ((sigh))." That helps too! Later, as Raegan jumped on the bus, she stopped and turned back to me and said, "Pray for me okay?!" And then she bounded to her seat.
I don't know but that got me. I feel a little like crying myself now ((sigh)). It's just crazy, sending your kids off to school. It's crazy watching them grow up and become more independent. I know it's all part of letting go. It's what I must do with them. Let go and entrust them to God. As much as it hurts to see them hurt, I know that it is in those times that they begin to see and feel their need for Jesus. I can't always be with them but He can and He is. I long for them to NEED Him more than they need me (and yet, I want to be needed too...)
I can't wait to see what He has in store for them this year. Thank You Jesus for caring about my girls more than I can even comprehend. I know You know what is best for them. I trust You to hold them close and walk them through this day. I trust You to do the same for me! Amen!
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
a quick exit
Labels: life with kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, I too know the anxiety of back to school time. My daughter just started a new public school (after being in private for 6 years) and it's a middle school to boot. AND...she's riding a bus for the first time. I have also shed tears thinking about all the changes she's experiencing, but she's loving every minute which does make it easier. Good luck to your kids as the school year progresses.
praying for you my friend.
Post a Comment