Monday, August 30, 2010

our way? His way.

"Would you be open to a sibling group?" I remember when I asked Clint these very words many months ago.

"Yeah, I think so."

"Me too, I think, but no more than 3, right? I really don't want to drive a big van!"

That was our conversation one morning. And later that day, I saw (on the internet) a sibling group of 3 sweet children who needed a family. And my heart was drawn to them. And when I told Clint about them he said, "Oh dear..." but he too felt a connection with them.

We pursued them. We wanted them. We tried to adopt them and yet the Lord said no or maybe not now. As of today, they are still waiting for a family. That breaks my heart and yet I know God has a plan for them too.

As I look at our family now, I am amazed.

Two days after we completed our foster care classes, we were called about fostering a baby girl with special needs. We told them we would be open to discussing taking her but we really had a heart to keep siblings together.

"You want to foster siblings? We have siblings."

And we were first introduced to little D and his baby brother.

I remember the day they were arrived. As I picked up D (he was so nervous) from the car, I looked at him and said "We've been waiting for you!" Two years before, we never knew we would be walking the foster care road but at that moment, I knew this was what God had been preparing us for.

And now, we have their sister. That makes a sibling group of three! Looks different then we thought but it often does, doesn't it! And my heart is so full. Sometimes, I feel too full quite honestly, but the Lord knows what He is doing and I am abundantly blessed!

Amazing God.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Praying for you sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

I love it that you stop and reflect. Reflect on how and why you got them. This journey has a bigger purpose and meaning and that's easy to forget about when you get into the dirty diapers and spilled milk of everyday life. This is the ministry God has for you at this time in your life. You are serving with such grace and joy!

Love you!! Thanks for the encouragement!

Jill

Linda Schuhmacher said...

Oh Jami, How wonderful is this....reading your blogs so reminds me of a time when we had our children & 3 little foster children (sorry I know I keep saying this over & over). But it is like looking back in my book of memores!!! What a blessing this time can be for all of you!!!! Keep sharing & Shining for Jesus!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin