So I got my wisdom teeth out on Wednesday. That day and the next, I was flying high. Could have been the medication! All I know is that I was feeling good and telling everyone that I loved them. At one point, as I snuggled into the couch, I said to my mom (who was folding my laundry) "You're such a good mom." To which she replied, "Okay that's enough." Apparently, I've been saying things such as these a lot but it's so very true!
Then came Friday and I woke up feeling not. so. good. Clint had been planning to leave me alone that day (he had taken off Wed. and Thurs. to take care of me) but I was such a mess, tears, pain, more tears ((ugggh)), that he decided to work from home. I just gotta say, he is such an amazing husband and daddy. He has taken care of me, the kids, the house, and more. He's ready to go back to work though, yes he is!
Dry sockets emerged. 2 trips back into the Dr. Back to the couch feeling just plain yucky and overwhelmed. Then the fear crept in. How can I possibly take care of 6 kids when I feel so bad? And then the Lord whispered encouragement and perspective and I remembered that I have a sitter coming tomorrow morning to watch the little ones. And I got a nap.
My hubby finished dinner with the kids and cleaned up after everyone, again. And I woke up from my nap and found the house quiet (which I loved and then wondered why it was so quiet) What are the kids up to? But no, they were all playing quietly in the craft room. Together. Happily. All 5. (the baby was in bed) And I smiled and though, hey 6 kids isn't so tough! And then my mom and dad called and dropped us off coffees and mom offered more help for tomorrow if I needed it and I felt so loved. Thanks Mom.
Thank You Jesus for being so close no matter whether I'm feeling delighted or feeling low. You will give me the strength to do what I have to do and I trust You. I love You!
Sunday, August 29, 2010
wisdom teeth: a tale
Labels: life with kids, our foster care journey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh dear! I remember getting all 4 of mine removed at the same time. They were all boney impacted. I never had dry sockets, but I did get an infection a few days later and had to go back under anesthesia and have them re-open the cuts to drain it. It was not fun! I can NOT imagine doing it whith 6 little ones. May God continue to bless you and give you strenght!
~Bethany
Girl, you need a vacation!! Oh wait...we're GOING ON ONE! Simply cannot WAIT to veg, catch up, and just plain be together!!! Love you, and really, really hope you feel back to your spry self SOON!!! :)
Post a Comment