I think I've reached a new low.
As I was cleaning previously mentioned toilets, I discovered that I was absolutely delighted to spend my time cleaning toilets and this is why. It was a Saturday so Clint was home and because of that, he fed the children lunch. He then cleaned up after them and sent them on their way while I cleaned toilets.
A.L.O.N.E.
(Do I have a good man or what?!)
It was wonderful! For one, I just get plain tired of making food, serving food, and cleaning up food. It's good to have a break from all that, yes it is. And...I actually started. and finished a project all in one shebang! No real interruptions. No "mommy I need." Just me, the cleaning spray and my scrub brush!
And as I stood over one toilet and swished it clean, my mind started to drift to other subjects. Like the passing of time and I got near teary, I tell you! The lyrics from an old childhood song played through my mind. "Daddy, don't you know, Daddy don't you know, you're the only man in my heart." A song about a daddy and his daughter and how she grew from his little girl into a grown woman on her wedding day and how her allegiance had to switch. Then I thought of our oldest.
And I called Clint into the bathroom and said something to the effect of, "Paige just can't get married! You are the only man in her life right now, I don't want that to change! Our kids are growing up too fast (big sigh)" I'm thinking Clint rolled his eyes at me and probably shook his head. And all of this because I got some free time to clean the bathroom all by myself.
Oh moms, can you relate? Or am I just really, really strange?! What a way to start a week, huh?!
Sunday, August 1, 2010
speaking of toilets...
Labels: just life, life with kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree the time is going far to quickly....I just came across Joshua's outfit that we brought him home from the hospital in. I'd give anything to go back to those days. So I took the time to remember I had prayed & waited for that day what felt like forever.
Thanks for sharing your thougths Jami I enjoy reading them. I am now following your sister blog also. Shine for Jesus, Linda
Oh Jami, I completely know what you are talking about....I enjoy cleaning toliets too. For months now when I go to bed at night I think about my girls, how fast the time is going and if I have spent enough time in their lives that day, usually I feel guilty that I'm not doing enough and I will regret not having spent more time with them. Sigh.....
Post a Comment