As my children grow older, I get to watch them fall in love with some of the very things, I loved as a child. Like the movies Sound of Music and Anne of Green Gables. Roller skating in the basement and putting on shows or listening to stories on tape like Adventures in Odyssey.
It brings my heart absolute delight to relive those moments with them.
Today we had one of those moments. It was almost dinner time - pork chops were on the grill -and I "should" have been in the kitchen cooking up some healthy veges to go along with but I wasn't. Quite honestly, I was very tired and decided instead to take some down time on the couch for a few minutes. The other kids and Clint were playing outside but Paige walked in the room with an old cassette tape and player in hand. Then she plopped down and started listening to a song that brought back floods of memories to me, a song called "I haven't turned out yet."
As I heard her sing along, I cherished the moment for it truly was a gift.
Monday, August 2, 2010
What goes around, comes around.
Labels: life with kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, I remember that song!! A tear jerker :)
PRECIOUS! And yes definitely a gift of the greatest kind. :)Nice to meet you by the way- and thanks for stopping by my blog. :) Amy
1. i love that she's sitting ON the vent... must of been hot outside :)
2. her legs are sooo long!
3. i love that song too... good memories :)
Post a Comment