Sunday, October 17, 2010

an art gallery of sorts

I am always fascinated by the artist. The one who can make beautiful things with pencil and paper because I just simply cannot. I have always been the people person in my family, not the artist. I will never forget my art teacher's words to me when she looked at my project. "Oh, that's uh, lovely for a first semester art student."

Hm.

I was actually quite proud of my work. Yes, ma'am. But I quickly learned that creating such beautiful things was not in my skill set.

That is why I just love watching my daughter, Paige create. She is 7 years old and she loves artsy craftsy things. It is quite obvious to all who have seen any of my creative works that she did not get her ability from me.

Because I'm her mom and I think she is amaaaazing, here is a small sampling of her recent works.

Using this toy as a guide, she drew this. (I'm not joking when I say - I don't think I could have done as well!) When she showed me this picture, I immediately told her I would have to put that on the blog someday! :) Well, today is the day, my friends!

She often expresses her love for people through her creative senses. She loves to make homemade gifts!

For Hudson's gotcha day, she made him a "computer" with Thomas the train on it. It was a hit!

And for Clint's birthday, she and Raegan organized a scavenger hunt for their daddy with paper presents at every stop!
And then here is a paper shoe! :)
You can't tell me that's not cool! I know I am her mom, but seriously now!
Just the other day, we had company. I asked Paige to make name tags for our guests. I told her to go ahead and create them however she wanted to.
We were having several apple dishes that evening...

She even helped me set the table...

She was adamant that she would only draw apples that really existed - no purple or black apples or anything like that.
I received the bright red apple! (happy sigh)
And Clint, received the "rotten apple!!" She explained that if she would have given it to me, I would have been upset with her and so she gave it to Daddy instead! "Somebody has to have it," she told him matter o' factly! That struck me extremely funny! :)

Oh here's my creative addition. Apple/Sage stuffed pork loin. This I do believe is the fanciest thing I've ever created! I felt like a real Paula Dean. I studied her every move as I watched and rewatched her recipe video on the food network.
Yummy!


And finally, last night Paige showed me her recent creation.
A "Juliry" (jewerly) Bag
With lovely paper rings, a necklace and bracelet to boot.

Oh I love this girl!

Oh yes, and one more lovely creation came from my man while painting the bathroom this weekend.

Could it be more beautiful?! Okay, I'll stop now.

Thank you for coming and I do hope you enjoyed the show. Have a lovely Monday! :)

2 comments:

Gina said...

What a fun post!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the smiles. That was delightful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin