Monday, October 11, 2010

recap in photos

(To note: I had some formatting issues on this post. Just in case you were wondering...) :)

Hudson's birthday was a smashing success!

In general, we don't really do birthday parties anymore. It just seems that the kids become the worst forms of themselves when we center a party, gifts, cake, etc. ALL around them. So instead, we celebrate the birthday child with a fun family day. He or she can pick where we go - though we often help them along!

Earlier in the day, while the littles were sleeping, I found these three dining together. Notice the cake/candles in the middle of the table.


For Hud's main event, we went to a local pumpkin farm and then back home for gifts and cake.


There were two more of our chillin's behind these three. You know how it pains me to not show their faces.


Three of these sets of legs belong to our crew!

Love her hat! Thanks to grandma for that purchase!

Amazing climbers aren't they?!

Actually, the photo above is a wee bit deceiving!

Our six little pumpkins!

Pumpkin lanterns! (which we had purchased and carved yesterday)

It is always a surprise to me how my cake might turn out. The picture I have in my mind NEVER translates into the actual cake but I have to say this one is quite interesting.

I whipped it up while little children were calling my name and asking to help. My only answer to them was "NO, go out and play!" Not very Susie Q like but true.
d
What do you think is on this cake?
s
A few responses I received from a few adults in my life...
My mom - "Oh it's an interesting design."
My hubs - "I like the milk jug."
Truth be told, it's supposed to be a baseball bat (think plastic toddler bat) and ball but it's a little disproportional and the green grass is all wrong!
Oh well, Hud thought it was fine. He gave it a near 2 second glance and then ran back outside to play.
Better luck next time. And seeing as I have more birthdays coming up in November, two in December and one more in January, I will have many chances to perfect or at least improve my skills!
The favored present -
His big boy bike! We allowed him the joy of riding throughout the house but reminded him the whole time that this is the only time he is able to ride in such a manner.
He was pumped!
Paige loves to make homemade gifts and had a ball presenting them to her little brother.









x
She's a creative sort!















x
And now all the kid's are happily and sleepily in bed. It was a sweet and lovely day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love his cake. I knew exactly what it was! Not a milk jug, but a bat! I'm impressed at your creation!

Jill T.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin