Monday, October 4, 2010

Raegan's thoughts on foster care

Yesterday I posted Paige's responses to my foster care "interview." Here are Raegan's thoughts on the matter. She was purely delighted to have me type every word she spoke. You'll notice that she gets a little distracted by the whole thing. Picture her sitting next to me on the couch - hands clasped, sitting tall and proud, big smile/proud smirk on her face as she answers my questions. She is a funny girl! Good thoughts ahead.

Raegan 5 1/2 years old
What is foster care?

"It's a place for kids where they find somewhere to live without their mom and dad. They might miss them but they will have a very nice mom. They might call her mom for awhile but they will have a very nice evening with them and they might get adopted or they will go back to their mom and dad OR when they live in, like I forget what it's called, when they wait for somebody to bring them home with them well, um - can you spell eh, eh, eh (clearing her throat). Okay. But they will go back someday, they will have a family to care for them. And they will love their new mom but if they don't stay with them then it means they can keep their little childs forever."

Why does our family foster?

"Because Jesus told us and we wanted to follow His rules because that's what we're supposed to do."

Are you glad that we foster?
"Yes!! Because I love the baby!"

Why do you think more people don't foster?
"Well, because that's not Jesus's plan for them and they know that Jesus is not asking them to do that."

If someone felt like God was telling them to foster, what would you tell them?

"That you have to do it right now!"

Do you think you will foster someday?

"Yes I will. I would love to because they're cute and because I would love them!" (At this point, Paige piped in with "What if they're not cute?" which completely unfazed Raegan who said, "Kids are always cute!")

4 comments:

Leslie Ringger said...

too cute :)

Gina said...

I'm dying laughing.

Amy said...

Oh how I wish more adults shared her heart! PRECIOUS.

Kristy said...

Crack me up about the cute baby part. Paige is ever the realist and Rae... just has a rosy outlook on life. LOVE IT!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin