Quietness.
Stillness.
Stillness.
Having six kiddos, these are words that don't usually describe our home. But today, right now as I type, it. is. silent. here.
(sigh)
It's 2:30 in the afternoon and four of the six are home. They are all napping. Not a one is awake. I was sitting on the sofa reading my Bible when it hit me. Hudson had been playing around with his cars and would sing a song or make a noise every so often but all of that has ceased.
I hardly want to breath it's so lovely! I even tiptoed to the kitchen table to grab my computer.
I am relishing the quietness of this moment. Oh I wouldn't want it this way all the time of course. I love the messiness of our new life as a family of eight. I love it, most of the time! But I also love this time right now. The laundry should be folded, the dishes should be put away, the toys should be cleaned but you know what, they can wait.
Instead, I might just lean back and cuddle into my warm cozy blanket with feet propped up and thank the Lord for this beautiful gift of stillness.
Yes, my friends this is just what I'm going to do.

1 comments:
Good for you! Time well spent. And what a beautiful gift for you from God. A patch of silence in the midst of a bustling day. He is so good to us!
Post a Comment