I think I may have committed the cardinal sin of what not to do at the dentist office. Both of my girls had appointments at 2:45 today and because my mom had lovingly brought me a raspberry white chocolate mocha from Starbucks, I had to drink it, I just had too.
2:45 means I'm tired. I didn't want the coffee to get cold and so I carried it in with me. I carried it quite proudly actually, until I realized where I was. And then Raegan received a bad report. THREE cavities. THREE! And I held my coffee a little lower. Then we moved on to Paige and I was told she had a large amount tartar on her teeth. Oh dear. And I wanted to throw my sugary, syrupy coffee down the drain but I was worried about being able to wash it all down before someone noticed so instead I just held it limply at my side hoping it would go unnoticed.
It couldn't have helped that Raegan had forgotten to brush her teeth entirely this morning! Oh we are quite scattered over here sometimes. Raegan was unfazed by the cavities and announced gladly, "I have cavities!!" Poor girl doesn't know what's coming. We all know I will probably not be able to be the one to stand by her side in her time of need. I am too worried I will get all woozy. We'll see...
Besides the fact that my children's teeth are a mess and I'm being the amazing example of how to ruin your teeth even further, the day was a success. Holding her bag of goodies (toothbrush, floss, sticker, prize) up high she proclaimed, "Going to the dentist is FUN!!" Ah, sweet, blessed ignorance.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
what not to do at the dentist office
Labels: just life, life with kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
ah jami this made me laugh! great post
Thank you for the early morning giggles form this dental hygienist who is on sabbatical!
Hey...those drinks have calcium in them too right. =)
Hi Jami! I have not commented recently, but I read every post in my google reader. Tonight I clicked on your blog and I LOVE your header picture.
My friend is in the process of adopting from Ukraine and the little boy they thought they were adopting ended up not being the God ordained match for them and she is struggling a bit. I immediately thought of the post you did about seeing the litte guy you thought you were adopting with his Mama and how God gave you that peace. Can you tell me where on your blog that post is located? I would love for my friend to read it. Thanks!
Love and Hugs,
Leah
hilarious --- esp b/c i KNOW my kid has plaque build up yet we keep delaying the trip to the dentist!
aw thanks les! you know i love to make you laugh! :)
aw thanks les! you know i love to make you laugh! :)
Nichole! It's been a long time since I've heard from you! Did you ever have someone come in (or parent) with a starbucks coffee??! Hope you're doing well, my friend!
Okay An, I like the way you think! Always appreciate your comments! :)
Leah - thanks my friend! I know which post you're talking about and will send that link to you asap. Hope you're doing well. Praying for you today!
"MEB Swick" hello! I am always excited to see new commenters! I will have to go check out your blog!
And when you do make it to the dentist, take along a starbucks just to make me feel better will you?! :)
Post a Comment