Saturday, October 2, 2010

a surprise response

On most days before school, I grab the bottle of body spray and splash some smelly goodness on my girls (and every other child who wants in on the action).

The reason behind the spray? The hope is that during the day when they smell the lovely scent, they will remember that God loves them and that I love them.

I got this idea from a speaker once and I liked it! The problem with having traditions such as these is when you happen to forget the spray one day. Well, as you can imagine I just can't possibly remember this every. single. day. and so lo and behold we showed up at school one day with no spray in sight.

I was seriously concerned that my 5 year old, Raegan might be quite devastated over this fact so when I told her the sad news, she totally surprised me (and endeared herself to me even more).

"That's okay mom" she told me, "I can smell your love in my heart!"

3 comments:

Leslie Ringger said...

oh raegy! that's so cute!

Leah said...

Oh, my gosh Jami...I think that is the sweetest sentence I have ever read.

Taylor said...

Awe, she's so sweet!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin