Wednesday, October 13, 2010

oh my, my, my!!

In our foster care classes we learned about a term called concurrent planning. As a foster parent, the goal is to reunite families and yet at the same we must realize that sometimes reunification will not happen. In our situation, we have told our agency that we are willing to adopt our three foster children if the need arises.

The other day as I was thinking about this, I realized something that made my breath catch in my throat and then I laughed because it was all I could do at the moment.

You ready?

If we end up adopting these kiddos, we will have SIX TEENAGERS AT ONE TIME!!!

19, 17, 16, 15, 14, and 13!!

Lord have mercy!! This is why I am thankful I don't know the future. One day at a time. One step in front of the other....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right there with you except our teens years are upon us :) 13, 12, 11, 10 & 8...love all your updates. Bring back so many memories.

Linda Schuhmacher said...

Okay Jami the above its from me not sure why my name didn't appear.

Unknown said...

Just take care of today. God holds tomorrow. Besides, teens really are a lot of fun ... most of the time! :)

Sissy said...

Love it! If anyone can handle it, it would be you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin