I'm really excited to begin a new series here called "Everyone Has a Story" where I will be inviting several guest posters to share their stories with us on Thursdays. Stories that display the faithfulness of God in a variety of circumstances. I also plan to be a voice for the voiceless so to help us all to look beyond the surface.
I think it is so easy, so natural to look at one another and make an assumption based on what we see. A judgment may come to mind before we even realize it and can be negative or positive but if we're not careful, our next thought may be one of comparison.
We just took this picture the other night after taking hundreds (we realized later that my sister, Leslie snapped over 400 crazy pics of our family!) Anyway, never quite knowing when to stop I said, "Clint quick come here. Hey Les, get one of Clint and me!"
Would you believe there was a screaming child hanging on my leg at the time? It's true, there was! Clint was actually feeling a little annoyed and I was slightly sheepish about pushing just one more picture but not all that sheepish! This one snapshot doesn't say that though does it? It says "Ah, happy couple, so peaceful. They must have it all together. (Well maybe it doesn't say all that...)
We really just don't know what is going on behind the scenes do we? This is one reason I believe authenticity is so important. We need each other, we are here to lift one another up, to support and challenge each other. We are here to care for those who have no one to care for them. We are here to love and to share His love with the world.
We can't do that when we focus on the outward appearance or when we make judgements based on the small snapshots we see of the lives lived around us.
Everyone has a story.
May we learn to love and appreciate others the way Christ does. Will you join me?
This Thursday, I will be sharing Cecil's story, kind of the story behind the story if you will.
If you would like to share your story with us, please send your submissions to me via email. Approx 200-1000 words please and thank you!


3 comments:
It is a super picture! I look forward to the upcoming "Everyone has a story" . I so enjoy your blog. I pray God will fill your day with blessings.
I love this! Great idea.
I never would have guessed there was a screaming child wrapped around your leg. You two look like you just got back from a relaxing date. How funny! Great illustration!
Post a Comment